Saturday, November 14, 2015

Initial Steps toward becoming Debt Free and . . . gaining Financial Freedom

started this program by getting a handle on where I stood today, which required I switch focus from getting top grades, to improving my credit score.  Part of the problem was my lack of confidence and once I admitted that all my time was spent on becoming a top technologist, I understood what I had to change.  It takes more effort to produce the financial wealth I expected from life despite the years of training.  I assumed an advanced education, and years of knowledge and learning would be sufficient to get a job in today's economy.  I naturally expected my values would produce financial success. Today we are globalized. Business competition is worldwide, and I expected and wanted much more from life.

Starting from the basics, I went to the Schenectady library to read about improving my credit score.  I landed on the dummies guide on how to improve your credit score which simplified the process.  I learned the basic rules about managing my money, in order to increase my credit score.  It is essential to know the basics and reading the dummies guide helped me learn what I needed in order to get a good rating.

Credit Counseling Really Helps with Learning The Basics
I found free services by searching online. I made an appointment to get help from a counselor who worked to evaluate my budget and provided advise on where to go next to make the necessary improvements in my finances. We went over my credit score and suggested how to work with my current financial situation.   I did go search online and found Clearpoint Credit Counseling in Albany NY.   The counselor was able to work with budgeting and evaluating where I stand today.  

I did prepare before speaking to the credit counselor, and spent time working on the tips I read about in the dummies guide.  It is not difficult to improve your credit score.  But building a credit line may mean taking out secured loans and paying them back on time.

Learn More about Your Credit Score

Having a good credit score is a start and it is essential to know that not making payments, and late payments are recorded.  They effect your credit score, paying on time is important.  Keeping records and checking the balances of your accounts including debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment